This post provides a simple outline of the various platform subscription options for Dewey.
Everyone who signs up automatically creates a Starter account. The starter account is always free and includes:
- Access to various free and sample datasets from multiple vendors or public sources
- Access to datasets submitted by other researchers
- The ability to subscribe and pay for individual datasets from various vendors
- Access to the Dewey community for support and resources
The Starter account is a great way to browse the available data on the platform, use the free data products, and download samples to make sure the data is right for your needs before subscribing.
The Faculty, Student, and Research Team subscriptions are upgrades that unlock various datasets and features on the platform:
- Unlimited historical access to datasets from certain datasets and vendors (below)
- Automatic updates for datasets from these vendors
Additionally, we have a large group option which works for research labs, classrooms, or departments that would like access for multiple users.
Which datasets are included with a subscription?
Current data providers included in the with a Dewey subscription:
- SafeGraph - POI and aggregated transaction patterns
- 7-Chord - Predictive bond prices
- Advan Research - Aggregated foot-traffic
- Context Analytics - Twitter social sentiment
- PredictHQ - Event and demand intelligence
- CustomWeather - Detailed weather patterns
- dataplor - Global points of interest (POI)
- LiveData - Employment history
- Similarweb - Website traffic and search keywords
- WageScape - Salaries and wages (lagged)
- Resimplifi - Commercial real estate
Current data providers not included in the a subscription but are available to license individually:
- Revelio Labs - Workforce and job changes
- Factori - Global foot-traffic and audience
- TovoData - Foreclosure, Assessor, and Mortgage
- Varos - eCommerce and advertising
- WageScape - Salaries and wages (real-time)
We can also refer you to the following data providers to receive discounted academic access to their data. Please use this form if you’d like an introduction to any of these partners:
Once subscribed, your account will be updated so that the included datasets are available for free. If you subscribe for your Research Team be sure to email email@example.com with the name and email of everyone covered by your license.
Please only order and download the data you intend you use. We’re quickly able to add new data vendors to our product, so please let us know if there are data vendors you’d like to have on the platform that you’ve struggled to access directly.