Unable to access new data subscription through API?

Hi,

I subscribed to the Advan monthly patterns data this afternoon and the API endpoint shows up under “Manage Subscriptions”. However, when I try to access the files (running “get_file_list” from Bulk Data Downloading in R (API v3)) the resulting table has all cells reading “.csv.gz”.

I am able to run the same function on the Advan neighborhood patterns data by changing the API endpoint and this returns a usable file list.

Can you tell me what the issue might be? Thank you!

best,
Joel

Hi Joel,

Can you share your API endpoint for monthly patterns and screenshot of the table? It works fine on my computer.

Thanks,

Thank you for your assistance with this! The API endpoint for Monthly Patterns is “https://app.deweydata.io/external-api/v3/products/5acc9f39-1ca6-4535-b3ff-38f6b9baf85e/files”. The returned table is screenshotted below. I am now noticing that the table above only shows rows that are multiples of 4, does that help to identify the issue?

When I change (in isolation) the API endpoint to the one for Neighborhood Patterns, I get the intended result (see below).

best,
Joel

Hi Joel,

It seems you are running v2 R code. This v3 tutorial Bulk Data Downloading in R (API v3) - Help / R - Dewey Community (deweydata.io) has new R code for API v3. Usages are almost same as v2 R code but inside is different. Please copy R code from the above API v3 tutorial and run again.

Thanks,

Thank you for the response! You are correct, I thought I had copied over the latest code but evidently not.

best,
Joel