Looking at the core places data for hair salons for the entire united states I see that all places have a NULL/NA closed_on, which seems to imply that no hair salons have closed since late 2019 early 2020. Is there an issue with closed_on?

perhaps this is listed somewhere else, but looking at the core places data for hair salons for the entire united states I see that all places have a NULL/NA closed_on, which seems to imply that no hair salons have closed since late 2019 early 2020. Is there an issue with closed_on? or is just very sparesely populated?

This topic was automatically generated from Slack. You can find the original thread here.

Hey @JACOB_KOHLHEPP ! Thanks for the great question. I might point you to this section on our docs page that will give you some more background on opened_on and closed_on

I think that will clarify some of your question as it’s possible some salons temporarily closed during the pandemic which would not be captured through opened_on or closed_on. However, not seeing a single closed_on POI sounds a little off. Just out of curiosity, have you tried looking for a known closed hair salon and cross-checked it against Core Places?