Just curious if these data resources will be available openly for research purposes going forward through AWS or other such cloud services?

Hello, I was wondering if Safegraph/Placekey is offering any data services for academic research purposes – long term. For example, I am a transportation researcher who is looking at mobility aspect of COVID-19 spread from the POI data & would like to keep using it for my publications. Just curious if these data resources will be available openly for research purposes going forward through AWS or other such cloud services?

Hi @Avipsa_Roy_University_of_California_Irvine! We launched our data sharing program in early March 2020, and currently have no plans to discontinue the free access to SafeGraph data for academic purposes. As far as access goes, the Places API will become the main entry point for programmatic access - eventually replacing the AWS CLI but only after we are happy with its performance and we give ample time for folks like yourself to implement any necessary changes to your workflows.

If you have any other questions, @Pranav_Thaenraj_SafeGraph will be able to answer. Thanks!

Thanks @Karissa_Paddie_SafeGraph. I was wondering if there is a less messy way to extract SafeGraph data by timeperiod - like Querying etc.

I would like to extract data from March 2020 till May 2021

But in periods of of one month at a time

Is this free for researchers to use or do I have to pay?

Free!

Cool! Screenshot was confusing

Can you please share the link to the page

shop.safegraph.com

Hi @Saumil_Shah_SafeGraph when making purchase it shows a dollar amount for purchase - how to skip that?

which email are you using to loggin?

mailto:aroy29@asu.edu|aroy29@asu.edu

and you are able to login into shop.safegraph.com?

No actually it says wrong email/password

Ok so I tried loggin in with my google account attached to my email & it worked

which email?

mailto:aroy29@asu.edu|aroy29@asu.edu

But still shows a dollar amount

can you log out and log back in? you will see it as $0 now