I've been locked out of the new GraphQL API with a rate limit exceeded error

Help! :slightly_smiling_face:
I’ve been locked out of the new GraphQL API with a rate limit exceeded error (since Friday).
I wonder if that happened when I added a “%%timeit” to my Jupyter notebook cell (to, ironically, try not to hit any rate limit). I just wanted to test how long a loop would take. But I forgot that, by default, runs multiple times, with multiple replicates! (to calculate run time statistics).

This topic was automatically generated from Slack. You can find the original thread here.

Hi Thanks for reaching out! We are looking into it and will get back to you once we have an answer.

Hi ! I’ve looped in someone from our Product team to help you with this. We’ll get back to you soon as we dig further into the issue. Thanks!

Hey , your key should be reset. Let us know if you are back up and running. Happy to dig in further if you keep topping out after that.

Nope.
{
“message”: “API rate limit exceeded”
}
Also, there must be another/different limit set for, like, 200 requests.
Maybe the following documentation needs updating:
“The rate limit to the Places API is 1000 requests per minute . . .”
on https://docs.safegraph.com/reference-link/getting-started-1#places-api-overview

I’ve set a 999/min rate limiter on my code, and hit some absolute/indefinite 200 request limit, never getting close my limiter’s limit.

Okay, I think we know the cause of that. Let us investigate and get back to you. If I’m right, we’ll likely have to do some dev work to get something out. But I’ll confirm either way. Thanks for your patience and for the continued attempts!

Hey , this issue should be addressed. There was indeed another limiter in there that has been removed. So the rate limits of 1000/min or 100/sec should be the only ones in play. Please feel free to give it another shot and keep the feedback coming!

Hi ! Looks like Michael was able to get you squared away on this. Since this thread is a few days old and to prevent follow-up questions from being overlooked, I’m going to go ahead and close this thread out. If you have any more questions or follow-up questions, we’re always here to help! Just be sure to make a new post to safegraphdata, as we aren’t monitoring old threads at this time. Thanks!

Thanks, , it looks like I’m back in. Although it looks like I will sporadically hit a gateway error, which will kill my loop. I suppose I could/should implement some limited re-trying in my client.