Is there any relationship files that allow us to convert census block codes to place FIPS codes?

Hi, is there any relationship files that allow us to convert census block codes to place FIPS codes? I want to aggregate the Social Distancing Metrics to the city levels. I’d really appreciate some help.

@Mitsuru_Mukaigawara_Harvard_Kennedy_School You can use this crosswalk from the Census bureau (they have other years too): 2016 Population Estimates FIPS Codes

So you first keep just the first five digits of the block group FIPS as the County FIPS, and then can use this crosswalk to get from County FIPS to Place FIPS.

Actually this link may be even better for your purposes! @Joe_Wasserman_RTI_International shared this cool resource that crosswalks between whichever geographies you choose so you can go directly between CBG-Place: http://mcdc.missouri.edu/applications/geocorr.html

@Mitsuru_Mukaigawara_Harvard_Kennedy_School also check out the SafeGraphR package, if you use R, as it adds the state and county FIPS when you extract the social distancing metrics

@Kate_Schertz_University_of_Chicago @Joe_Wasserman_RTI_International Wow this is GREAT!!

@Matthew_Raifman_BU Thank you for the info - I didn’t know about this package and am certainly going to use this!

@Mitsuru_Mukaigawara_Harvard_Kennedy_School Here is my logic: Workspace Deleted | Slack the 12 digit FIPS code would only be at the county and then state levels, so you might need to do further work to examine what counties are in actual cities and aggregate the counties to cities. A Google Colab to demonstrate how to do this using SafeGraph data is in the works and it will be shared as soon as it is completed.

@Ruowei_Yang_UM_Baltimore Am very much looking forward to the updates!