Introduce Yourself!

Excellent. Thank you very much. I will check it out.

Hey @Majid_Shafiee_Jood_University_of_Virginia Welcome to the community!

I am really interested in this kind of thing. You may want to connect with @Kivan_Polimis_Office_of_Harris_County_Judge_Lina_Hildalgo He is a policy advisor for Harris County(Houston, TX) and I know that this is something that they are currently using SG data for or are hoping to. Might be some interesting insights to be gained there.

Oh that’s wonderful. I am not sure if you will join the onboarding meeting with me on Tuesday, but I will certainly provide more information about our work and I am interested to learn more about the possibility of using SG data.

adding @Mani_Rouhi_Rad_Clemson_University who is my collaborator in this project

Hi @James_Gaudette! Welcome to the SafeGraph community - we’re excited to have you with us! What’s your favorite Zoom background been lately?

When you have a minute, can you elaborate more on what you’re working on? I’d love to learn some more details and try to connect you with others in the community doing similar work.

Hey @James_Gaudette Welcome! Happy to have you join us in the community.

I also am interested in hear more about what you are looking into. Would love to hear more about it.

Hey @lu_zhong_rensselaer_polytechnic_institute Welcome! Happy to have you in the community.

Your work sounds fascinating. To clarify you are looking at how COVID spread through a population along with mobility data?

YES. We are looking at how the pattern of human mobility drive the spread of disease globally and locally.

Sorry for replying late. I didn’t notice the message.

Welcome @lu_zhong_rensselaer_polytechnic_institute to the SafeGraph community! Excited to hear more about your research!

@Majid_Shafiee_Jood_University_of_Virginia Let me know if you have time for a call this week

Hi @Jonathan_Ingrisani! Thanks for joining the SafeGraph community. We’re excited to have you with us. Looking forward to learning more about your work.

Hi @Jennifer_Burney! Welcome to the SafeGraph community, we’re excited to have you with us. I’m a big ice cream lover too, especially anything from Ben and Jerry’s! :icecream:

We have a handful of members in the community also conducting research on food security, particularly as it relates to food deserts. I’m going to tag them and post a link to a previous thread about it.

@Makada_Brookings @Edward_Rincon_The_University_of_Texas_at_Arlington @Jude_Bayham_Colorado_State_U @Minhao_Yan_Cornell_University

https://placekey-community.slack.com/archives/C01SRSGEU84/p1619803929155900

Hi @Colin_Veerkamp! Thanks for joining the SafeGraph community. We’re excited to have you with us. What are some of the artists you’ve gone to see at Red Rocks?

If you’re ever interested in a quick onboarding call going over our resources and how to download your first dataset, please let me know! I’d be happy to get that schedule for you.

Hi @Zean_Verdesoto! Welcome to the SafeGraph community. If you’re interested in networking, you’re in the right channel! The Slack channel is a great place to meet others in your industry.

I’d also recommend checking out our research socials. They happen twice a month. Guests will briefly share what they’re working on and the rest of the time is allotted for networking. Highly recommend RSVPing to one! Check out Slack for more info!

Trevor Hall, The Movement, Michael Franti.

I’ll keep that in mind!
Thanks

Hi @Karyn_Huynh! Thanks for joining the SafeGraph community. Glad to have you with us. I’m interested in hearing more about the musical application you’re currently working on. Can you give us some more details?

Welcome @Jenni_Zelenty! Thanks for joining the SafeGraph community. Do you have a pottery wheel in your ceramic studio? That was always my favorite in ceramics class.

If you’re interested in Alternative Data, check out this 30-min webinar that Placekey hosted. Might be helpful as you continue to explore new opportunities in the alternative data space. If there’s other resources or members I can connect you with, please let me know!

https://placekey-community.slack.com/archives/C011YRFDN0M/p1614958863044100

Hi @Eli_Cagan! Thanks for joining the SafeGraph community. Also a guitarist myself! :guitar:

Can you tell me a little bit more about your work and how SafeGraph data might play a role? I’d love to get you connected with the great resources and members we have in the community. Might be able to point you in the direction of other members with similar interests. Thanks!

Welcome @Ikumi_Mine to the SafeGraph community! Thanks for joining. We’re excited to have you with us. What’s your favorite place to travel? :airplane:

Can you tell me more about the application you’re currently working on and how SafeGraph might play a role? I’d love to connect you with some other members that might be working on similar projects. Also, if you’re ever interested in learning more about SafeGraph and how to download your first dataset, please let me know and we can get a Zoom call scheduled!