I’ve just downloaded the Core Places datasets for the 5 NYC boroughs. The datasets don’t seem to include any permanently closed businesses. How do I access a dataset with permanently closed businesses?

Hello, I’ve just downloaded the Core Places datasets for the 5 NYC boroughs. The datasets don’t seem to include any permanently closed businesses. How do I access a dataset with permanently closed businesses?

This topic was automatically generated from Slack. You can find the original thread here.

SafeGraph data in Shop currently goes back to 2019. However, we will have data for 2018 available very soon again in Shop. Regarding your closed POI data, I’ll download the data to your account directly. I’ll circle back when it’s complete to confirm. Thanks!

Wonderful, thank you

Hi William! Should be available in your account now. Please confirm when you can.

Hi Yes, I see the data. Thanks. But I don’t see any data for New York, NY. I just see data for the other 4 boroughs. Also, it doesn’t seem like this data is only permanently closed establishments. Many of the rows have empty ‘closed_on’ cells.

Hi William. Thanks for flagging. I did forget to grab New York, NY. That should be downloading now - should be available in a few minutes.

The data should include closed and open POIs. If you need to find closed POIs, you can filter to find rows that have a value in closed_on.

Hi I see. So this data has everything that the data currently available on the shop has plus the closed_on data?

Correct - sorry for the confusion!

Thanks!

Niki Kazahaya (SafeGraph) : Of course! If there’s no further questions, I’m going to go ahead and close this thread out. If you have any more questions or follow-up questions, we’re always here to help! Just be sure to make a new post to safegraphdata, as we aren’t monitoring old threads at this time. Thanks!