I’m trying to use your Match Service for the first time, I have lat, long, placekeys for each observation; but getting 0% match. seems like “name” and “address” columns are doing the job, and not lat/long/placekeys, correct?

Hi! I’m trying to use your Match Service for the first time, I have lat, long, placekeys for each observation; but getting 0% match. seems like “name” and “address” columns are doing the job, and not lat/long/placekeys, correct? If yes, 1) what is the format of the address must be? (i have various address formats) and 2) what does name mean? thank you!

Hi @Eldar_S! Just to make sure we’re on the same page, your data already has lat, long, and Placekeys? Also, what is your end goal (merging with other data, deduplicating, etc)? If your data already has Placekeys, then it’s all ready to merge with other “Placekey’ed” data (or to deduplicate!)

To answer your specific questions:

1. The address format can vary. The Match Service is intended to work with a variety of address formats
  2. The name would correspond to the location name. For example, “McDonald’s” would be a location name, while its address might be 123 Main St and its city might be Des Moines and state/region IA . If you have name and lat/long, the Match Service might be able to make it work.

Thanks for the responses, Ryan. I spoke with one of SafeGraph sales people today and was advised to use the Match Service for my locations. I want to get normal Patterns data for each specific location that I have. Is that possible with SG? And if yes, how can I proceed? I can also dm about this since I have more qs. Thank you

@Eldar_S You’re welcome! Yes, SafeGraph can get you Patterns data for specific locations. If the questions are not confidential, we prefer to keep them in the public channel for other users’ future reference. Have you seen the Match Service overview? You essentially upload a CSV, it’ll match, and then for whatever has matched you can purchase the SafeGraph data tied to those Placekeys (core, patterns, geometry). If your dataset has Placekeys, they should match really well.

yep I added addresses to my specific locations into previous CSV so now I had placekeys, addresses, lats, longs, and it took me to the Shop. However, I couldnt buy anything - I had 0 locations. What shall I do now?

Interesting. We’ll make sure to get this sorted out. I’m sending you a DM