How would one get the h3 index from the large portion of the where part of the h3 index. e.g `@abc`?

how would one get the h3 index from the large portion of the where part of the h3 index.

e.g @abc?

@John_Yeung_SafeGraph

@Josiah_Parry_Northeastern_RStudio - in the python client you can use the placekey_to_h3 function - Submodules — placekey 0.0.1 documentation

Ross, that is for a specific placekey with the H3 resolution of 11.

Say you have 10000 placekeys that share the large where part of a placekey. It would make sense to want to find the bounding h3 hexagon of that without converting each to an h3 index and then using the h3 library to find the larger h3 indexes.

does that make sense?

if i’m understanding correctly you may be able to accomplish with the polygon for the where component - Submodules — placekey 0.0.1 documentation.

Yes, for a single placekey. Say I have 2 placekeys both falling within different h3 indexes at he plackey resolution (11)

say they are @123-abc-xyz and @123-def-ald they share the @123 portion which means they are within the same H3 index for a larger resolution, but a different H3 index for placekeys resolution. Does that make sense?

No worries if not. I’ll figure out a way to build some functionality around it

ah! i have not seen a reverse function for the nesting just yet

no worries!