Does Core Places only contain placekeys with full 6-character Place components or does it include some with 3-character as well?

Does Core Places only contain placekeys with full 6-character Place components (eg, 223-227@5vg-7gq-tvz), or does it include some with 3-character as well (eg, 227@5vg-7gq-tvz)?

Hello, @Joe_Wasserman_RTI_International The core places data will contain both kinds of placekeys. Placekey generation is based on location and POI encryption and when POI data is missing the placekey tends to be only 3-characters long. More information regarding this can be found in the whitepaper here:

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thank you, @Pranav_Thaenraj_SafeGraph! I appreciate your quick response. I’m more familiar with placekey than Core Places, so I wasn’t sure about POI missingness in Core Places. Thanks again!

@Joe_Wasserman_RTI_International sorry, a little clarification on my part. The core places data will come with only POI placekeys (not address-only placekeys) generated, You would generate the address-only placekeys using the data. The other information I provided is still true, however, once generated the placekeys can have 3 or 6 characters. Sorry for the confusion.

Let me know if you need any clarification.