Does anyone know whether it's possible to download historical Core Places datasets with an academic license?

Hi all! Does anyone know whether it’s possible to download historical Core Places datasets with an academic license? I’d like to find POI datasets quarterly or semi-annually for 2019-2021.

This topic was automatically generated from Slack. You can find the original thread here.

Hi Thanks for reaching out! We are looking into it and will get back to you once we have an answer.

I don’t believe we make historical versions of Core Places available, as all use cases I’ve heard of can be accomplished with the most recent data.

E.g., if someone wants to look at historical places to get a sense of how POIs are opening and closing over time, they can do that by simply getting all open and closed POIs in the latest file and looking at the dates of opened_on and closed_on

What are you interested in?

Hi ! As this thread is several days old, I’m going to go ahead and close it out to prevent any follow-up questions from being overlooked. If you have any more questions, we’re always here to help! Just be sure to make a new post to safegraphdata, as we aren’t monitoring old threads at this time. Thanks!