Does anyone know if it’s possible to match my own POIs with Safegraph data?

Hey guys! Does anyone know if it’s possible to match my own POIs with Safegraph data? I’m working on a project that looks at, say, how many people visited or stayed in a building during certain period. Thanks and have a nice days

Hi @Zitong_Zeng_UCLA, for your POIs do you have either full addresses or Lat,Lng?

Hi Jack! Thanks for replying. I have the full address

Great! so your best bet will be to assign placekeys to your dataset then merge to the SG dataset of your choosing with those placekeys

Are you familiar with placekey.io?

No much. I’m just starting! I noticed that there is a notebook about assigning placekeys to different POIs. Is it the one that i should be looking at?

Sure! depending on the number of POI you have, you have a few different options. If you are comfortable with Code (Python etc) then you can use that, or alternatively if you have few enough POI, you can use the Google Sheets addon that makes it quick and easy!

How many POI are you working with?

I have around 150

Oh perfect! I believe the Google Addon will be the quickest and easiest way for you to get Placekeys!

First you will an API key from HERE - free and easy!

next you will need to download the addon and add your key: https://workspace.google.com/marketplace/app/address_and_poi_matching_by_placekey/611255445050

Thank you so much Jack! I will try to play around with it.

Have a nice day :smile::smile:

Great! and please don’t hesitate to ask any questions if you need any help or any clarification! Good luck!