Do you see any data discrepancy in this or is it the nature of the users that for this particular NAICS they tend to travel a bit farther?

Hello, I am analyzing the POI dataset and one thing I noticed is that the NAICS=7224 Drinking Places (Alcohol Beverages) has large median distance_from_home values greater then 200 miles, do you see any data discrepancy in this or is it the nature of the users that for this particular NAICS they tend to travel a bit farther? Appreciate the help!!

Hi @Jinal_Shah, checking on this now

Hi @Jinal_Shah, a few clarifications here:

1. you are referring to NAICS 722410 right? or are you cutting the string down to 4 digits intentionally?
  2. Which POI data are you checking? - i.e. the file name and where you are locating it
  3. If you have a screen shot, that would help but is not necessary
    Thanks in advance

by data, do you mean what they mean or do you mean more tracking data?

https://www.census.gov/eos/www/naics/reference_files_tools/1997/sec72.htm#:~:text=722110%20Full-Service%20Restaurants,service)%20and%20pay%20after%20eating. (more info on those NAICS)

I am looking for both. I want to know if there is a particular reason for the naics 7224 having very large distance_traveled_from_home. It means people are traveling 600+ miles to drinking places(selling alcoholic beverages) during the pandemic. In addition wanted to find out if I can get some details on the cross reference categories to 7224 such as 722110 & 722211. Is there more tracking data available on safegraph for the naics 722110 & 722211?

@Jack_Lindsay_Kraken1 just curious if you can share some details on the above.

Hi @Jinal_Shah , sorry for the delay, still looking into why the distance is so far, as for whether or not more information is available, all that is available is in the catalog, no other tracking data exists

Thank You @Jack_Lindsay_Kraken1, it will be great if you can share any insight for large distance_from_home for 722410 category

Hi @Jinal_Shah, I have a couple questions.

1. Are you focused on any region in particular? Or the entire US?
  2. Are you not finding NAICS 722110 & 722211 in the dataset? What type of POIs do those codes refer to?
  3. I’m having trouble understanding the visualization you included. Can you describe in more detail what each of the bar charts are showing? From this visualization, I don’t see where the 200+ miles distance_from_home is coming into play.
    Thanks!

Hi @Jinal_Shah , thanks for this info! We are working to recreate this issue on our side, and we will get back to you this week

@Ryan_Kruse_MN_State sure… Thank You

@Jinal_Shah I’m looking at recreating this. Can I get a copy of your packaged Tableau workbook?

@Jinal_Shah I’m having a hard time reproducing this. Can you send me a screenshot of which data sets you’re using?