Can anyone tell me specifically how dwell times is collected and why there might be such large variation in dwell time for patterns csv files?

Hello, I’ve been going through some csv files and familiarizing myself with each column. One thing that I’ve noticed is that some values don’t make a lot of sense to me. For example, for most rows, median dwell time seems reasonable, but some of the dwell times are extremely long. Can anyone tell me specifically how this value is collected and why there might be such large variation in dwell time for patterns csv files? Any resources with more specific or technical information on how this data is collected or any information on possible sampling error would be appreciated.

This topic was automatically generated from Slack. You can find the original thread here.

Jeff, thank you. This was exactly what I was looking for. Any additional resources or input from anyone is appreciated as well!

Thanks for the question, Adam! To prevent any further questions from being overlooked, I’ll go ahead and close this thread out. If you have any more questions or follow-up questions, we’re always here to help! Just be sure to make a new post to help, as we aren’t monitoring old threads at this time. Thanks!