I’m looking for occupation data at county level. Does anyone know where I can find county level occupation data?

I’m looking for occupation data at county level. Does anyone know where I can find county level occupation data? Thanks,

@Yang_Pan_LSU It should be relatively easy to create from NHGIS (nhgis.org). (I’m trying to create such a dataset right now too–feel free to DM me).

@Jed_Kolko_Indeed is this something you can help with as well?

@Yang_Pan_LSU i believe there is some occupation data from the American Community Survey compiled in SafeGraph Open Census Data.

@Ryan_Fox_Squire_SafeGraph Can you direct me to the SafeGraph data?

@Yang_Pan_LSU info about all datasets from SG are listed here: SafeGraph Community Data Products - Google Sheets

see the row for Open Census Data

@Yang_Pan_LSU after you download, then look through the file /metadata/cbg_field_descriptions.csv to see if any of those attributes are helpful to you.

Thank you.

maybe you can use datausa.io?

@Yang_Pan_LSU

This data has 1000s of attributes about each CBG. I am not 100% sure what is the occupation data.

You need to download the open census data here: Download Open Census Data & Neighborhood Demographics

and then look at the /metadata/cbg_field_descriptions.csv to see the list of all the attributes to see if any are useful to you.

to help, i’m attaching that file here. You can look through it to see if you find attributes that are helpful for you.

What sort of occupation data are you looking for? Check out the Bureau of Labor Statistics https://www.bls.gov/