I am looking for COVID cases and death counts by county and race

Hi everyone. I am looking for COVID cases and death counts by county and race. I am aware of the COVID Tracking Project which posts state level and am wondering whether there is county level counterparts. I found that CDC posted death counts by race for counties with more than 100 deaths but failed to find confirmed cases. I am interested in Alabama but also interested in any states if data available. If my question has ben asked and answered, I am sorry and very appreciated if you let me know that posts.

Hi @Yeabin_Moon_University_of_Houston, I am not sure I fully understand. You are familiar with the CDC site right? what does it not have that you need?

I am sorry for confusion. I need outcomes by ‘race’ and county. For example, among the cases in LA county in CA, what’s the proportion of African American.

Hey @Yeabin_Moon_University_of_Houston, I’m not sure of a definitive source for this. We have used the New York Times data, though just checked and they don’t have race. You may be able to find this, or at least estimates, on state dashboards. Iowa https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/pages/case-counts has summary numbers, as does Pennsylvania Pennsylvania Data

@Yeabin_Moon_University_of_Houston It looks like John Hopkins has all of the information you are looking for. It doesn’t look super straight forward to download, but they do leave a trail of breadcrumbs for you.

Hopkins - COVID-19 United States Cases by County - Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center

Data sources - GitHub - CSSEGISandData/COVID-19: Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Cases, provided by JHU CSSE

The readme of the data sources has every dataset they have used with links so you can recreate exactly what you need

Thank you so much. I will peruse them!