How to identify which census block group each row in the neighborhood patterns data belongs to?

I am looking at the sample data of the neighborhood patterns (neighborhood_patterns_0000000000.csv), and struggling to identify what exactly each row belongs to. I believe it is for each Census Block Group because the second column name is “area_type” and every row in this column is “Census Block Group”. At the very end, I see the columns named “iso_country” and “region”, so from these, I know which country (either US or Canada) and which state or DA each row belongs to. However, I don’t see any ID for the Census Block Group.

My question is: how to identify which census block group each row in the neighborhood patterns data belongs to?

I understand that there is also “neighborhood_home_panel_summary_0000000000.csv” that came with the patterns one, and this has census block group ID. Am I supposed to merge the two? But they have different numbers of rows and I am not sure how to merge with only year, month, region (so state and DA), and iso country code (so US or Canada) are the common columns amount the two.

Thank you in advance for your support!

Hi @kanaha.shoji - these docs should help clarify: Documentation (Public) - Google Drive

It helps define the values for things like iso_country_code and _census_block_group.

The home panel summary can be used to help normalize the data based on the number of devices residing in the area.

1 Like