Has anyone figured out a way to use the Safegraph data to check whether a restaurant does curbside pickup and delivery?

Hi there, has anyone figured out a way to use the Safegraph data to check whether a restaurant does curbside pickup and delivery? I’m not sure this would picked up by the short visits (say less than 5 minutes) from the weekly patterns files. Alternatively, does anyone know a dataset that would provide this type of information? Many thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have!

Hi @Etienne_Lale_University_of_Quebec_at_Montreal, sorry for the delay in a response, I was giving it some time to see if anyone had something revolutionary to suggest. I do not believe safegraph will be capable of doing what you are looking for (curb side anything) because as you said, it is just too fast.

you can, however, take something like THIS and find the restaurants that are only curbside pick up / delivery and attribute every single visit either a delivery or a pick up to show the traffic to and from that spot.

Many thanks @Jack_Lindsay_Kraken1, I’ll look into it! Indeed, this might be a good option to check patterns that are specific to curbside pickups. Thanks!

No problem and please keep us posted on whether or not you find success in this method! It could help other researchers!