QUESTION FOR SPARK USERS - Does anyone here work with spark?
Many of us are really happy with geospatial features in Postgis – but now looking for similar functionality in Spark as the data gets larger. _ _
Could you share any Spark geospatial libraries you have positive or negative experiences with?
• GeoSpark - https://github.com/DataSystemsLab/GeoSpark (last commit 14 days ago)
• GeoMesa - GitHub - locationtech/geomesa: GeoMesa is a suite of tools for working with big geo-spatial data in a distributed fashion. (last commit 23 days ago)
• GeoTrellis - GitHub - locationtech/geotrellis: GeoTrellis is a geographic data processing engine for high performance applications. (last commit 1 day ago)
• RasterFrames - GitHub - locationtech/rasterframes: Geospatial Raster support for Spark DataFrames (last commit 5 days ago)
• Magellan - GitHub - harsha2010/magellan: Geo Spatial Data Analytics on Spark (last commit 2018)
• Something else?
Relevant blog: Processing Geospatial Data at Scale With Databricks
at SafeGraph we mostly have built our own libraries, but always looking for good open source solutions to recommend to partners and customers. but we also use JTS Topology Suite GitHub - locationtech/jts: The JTS Topology Suite is a Java library for creating and manipulating vector geometry.