When I search for a city, what's the corresponding census definition of the selected region? Am I getting POIs in the relevant urbanized area (UA)?

Hi folks - question about the shop: when I search for a city, what’s the corresponding census definition of the selected region? Am I getting POIs in the relevant urbanized area (UA)?
Ref: 2010 Urban Area FAQs

This topic was automatically generated from Slack. You can find the original thread here.

Hey @Christian_Gunning_University_of_Georgia ! Thanks for the question - let me check with another one of our team members. We’ll circle back shortly!

Hi Christian, if you search strictly by city, e.g. “Philadelphia”, you’ll be getting all POIs with an address where city==Philadelphia (this address comes from the data source, though we do some normalization to clean up the fields and account for situations where maybe the provided zipcode is not valid for a given city). We don’t pull in Census Urban Areas for this.

If you search for an MSA, e.g. “Philadelphia-Camden-Wilmington, PA-NJ-DE-MD MSA, US”, that’s based off the 2020 definition of MSAs.

Hey @Christian_Gunning_University_of_Georgia ! To prevent any further questions from being overlooked, I’ll go ahead and close this thread out. If you have any more questions or follow-up questions, we’re always here to help! Just be sure to make a new post to help, as we aren’t monitoring old threads at this time. Thanks!