What year are census block group geoids from in the social distancing data?

What year are census block group geoids from in the social distancing data? I know they don’t change much between decennials, but I think they do change some (as counties are split and things like that). We are joining with spatial data and need to know which shapefiles will provide the most consistency.

If I understand your question correctly, you would like to know the year of the census data? If so, the following may help

due to this statement found HERE

> Census Block Group Data
> All data from American Community Survey (2016) by Census Block Group (CBG)
I believe the Census data is from 2016

If this is not what you were looking for, please let me know and I can try to find out what you need

@Jack_Lindsay_Kraken1 I think that answers my question? I’m wondering what year the CBG boundaries are taken from when you are aggregating data to the CBG level and determining which CBG a device resides in. The boundaries change slightly, when county and other borders shift. So the CBG geographies change slightly over time.

I’m not asking about the census data itself, I’m asking about the CBG geometries used to aggregate the social distancing data. does that make sense?

Yes that makes sense @Maxwell_Fineman_Princeton, I am pretty sure 2016 is the answer, but I will double check for you!

Sorry I never got back here @Maxwell_Fineman_Princeton, it was in fact confirmed for 2016