What is the recommended approach to dealing with something like this (it looks to be very common)

ok i see. so while they have the same address and name and nearly the same lat long

in theory they capture two different “attribution” lociatoins

that example in the thread doesnt really make sense to me, that somehow you’d have the ability to tell the difference between a pharmacy and the rest of the store

but i guess my main question then is like you take the sum of the visits? seemingly no right because if you visited teh store and pharmacy I’d be double counting you?

and thank you that thread is very useful

In the case of a pharmacy within a grocery store, the algorithm intentionally excludes the indoor POI from receiving visits because the horizontal accuracy of devices deteriorates within large building structures like shopping malls, college campus buildings or hospitals; there’s no way to confidently discern which POI a person visited. For better transparency about when these cases have been identified, Safegraph started including the geometry column “enclosed” in June 2020. This shows up a lot with medical facilities where parents/children have the same NAICS code because we could not find a better fit (e.g. a specialized area of care in the wing of a large hospital). Just some of the nuances to consider.

got it, thanks for the help Todd!