What is the date range for a POI in the Core Places data?

@Alex_Zentefis_Yale_University, yes that is correct, I will take some examples from the most recent change log - sorry for the misinformation

> We constantly ingest data from new sources, and many safegraph_place_ids (sgpids) are intentionally dropped, but we are unable to track each and every dropped sgpid. The following metrics track safegraph_place_id drop reasons across open and closed POIs.
> We dropped 41,123 sgpids (17,802 branded and 23,321 non-branded).
> ~19k dropped due to POI source upgrades
> ~3k dropped due to standardizing messy street addresses
> ~2k dropped as a result of bug fixes for branded POIs
> ~4k dropped as a result of deduplication :man-with-bunny-ears-partying:
> The remaining drops are undesired failures to maintain a consistent sgpid between releases - known as bad sgpid churn (see discussion in March 2019 release). We are continuing to work on better metrics to distinguish good vs. bad churn.
January-2021 Release Notes

Okay thank you. No misinformation at all! My misunderstanding. Are the opened_on, closed_on, tracking_opened_since, and tracking_closed_since automatically available in Core? I ask because those fields have an * in the Places Schema, which I didn’t know how to interpret.

It depends on how recent the Core file is - since they are relatively new columns, not all POI will have this data tacked on - yet…

And the * just means:

> * only pertinent to files including closed POIs

Ok thank you!

No problem