This post provides a simple outline of the various platform subscription options for Dewey.
Everyone who signs up automatically creates a Starter account. The starter account is always free and includes:
- Access to various free and sample datasets from multiple vendors or public sources
- The ability to subscribe and pay for individual datasets from every vendor
- Access to the community (this currently requires a separate login but will be fixed shortly)
The Starter account is a great way to browse the available data on the platform, use the free data products, and download samples to make sure the data is right for your needs before subscribing.
The Faculty and Student accounts are upgrades that unlock various datasets and features on the platform:
- Unlimited historical access to datasets from certain datasets and vendors (below)
- Automatic updates for datasets from these vendors
- Discounts on a la carte purchases for data not available on this subscription
- Subscribing Faculty can add discounted Student or research assistant accounts to their license
Additionally, we have a Group option which works for research labs, classrooms, or departments that would like access for multiple users. Users that are part of Group licenses are assigned to either a Faculty or Student account depending on their position. The Student account is also used for Research Assistants.
Current data providers included in the Faculty or Student Subscription:
- Scope3 (coming soon)
Current data providers not included in the Faculty or Student Subscription:
- Revelio Labs
- Homebase (coming soon)
- Kaiko (coming soon)
Once subscribed, your account will be updated so that the included datasets are available for free. You’ll still need to make orders to access the data you want, but the cost with be $0. Please only order and download the data you intend you use.
We’re quickly able to add new data vendors to our product, so please let us know if there are data vendors you’d like to have on the platform that you’ve struggled to access directly.