To be able to put my name in the box, is the only requirement that I hold an academic appointment?

Hello! I have a question about the licensing terms. To be able to put my name in the box, is the only requirement that I hold an academic appointment? Also, am I allowed to share the data with my collaborator (from the same university) and their student who will be working on the code for this research project?

Hello @Razvan_Romanescu_University_of_Manitoba can you clarify what you mean “only requirement that I hold an academic appointment”?

Separately, we do not allow the raw data to be shared. If your collaborator and student want access to the data, they should sign up as well.

This would be a good time to refer them so you could potentially win a prize :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @Saumil_Shah_SafeGraph, I was referring to the following in the terms of use: “Licensee represents and warrants that it has the full right, power and authority to enter into this Agreement and to perform its obligations hereunder”. As a current professor or student of a university, does this give you the right/authority to enter into the agreement?

ah I see, yes it gives you the right

All members in the community may publish insights and analysis derived from SafeGraph data but are not allowed to publish or share the raw SafeGraph data.

If someone would like access to the raw data, then they will also need to go through the form and check the T&C