So just wondering what cbg data equivalent does SafeGraph use instead for Canada?

Hello! Just a quick question about the Canadian weekly pattern datasets, particularly on the Census Block Groups. It seems like Canada does not have a “block group” or a “census block” equivalent unlike the U.S. (as described in page 13 of https://www.researchgate.net/publication/274006337_A_Comparison_of_Census_Geographic_Areas_of_Canada_and_the_United_States). So just wondering what cbg data equivalent does SafeGraph use instead for Canada? I’m thinking it’s the Canadian Census Subdivision codes (Standard Geographical Classification code (Canada) - Wikipedia), but that’s only 7 digits whereas the one in the canadian dataset (poi_cbg) is 8 digits long. Thanks in advance!

Hi @Gian_Carlo_Alix_York_University, I’ll have an answer for you shortly!

Hi @Gian_Carlo_Alix_York_University, we just updated our FAQs doc with this answer - spread the word if you see it asked elsewhere!:

> What version of census block groups does SafeGraph use for the Patterns products?
> …
> For Canadian entries in any cbg column (e.g., poi_cbg or visitor_home_cbgs), we use the Canadian Dissemination area designations (Canadian units have CA: as a prefix)
See also here from Statistics Canada.

Thanks Jeff, I really appreciate it!