Show the Community: "I’m excited to announce that I’m launching a blog series called American Inequality"

I’m excited to announce that I’m launching a blog series called American Inequality. Every article will focus on US inequality topics that don’t get as much coverage - inequality in food deserts, internet access, pollution, and more. Each post will also feature some :round_pushpin::bar_chart: geospatial data visualizations :bar_chart::round_pushpin:that highlight America’s regional divides so we know where to focus our efforts to turn the tide. :scales:

If you might be interested, sign up here to follow along:

Inequality is growing in the United States and millions of families are struggling to keep up. We often know the exact towns, cities, and counties where inequality is the greatest, but we still aren’t doing enough to help. I’m hoping to shed light on the stories and communities that are most often left in the dark.

Check out the first article about how our country is facing the greatest gap in life expectancy across regions in the last 40 years. I’m also looking for collaborators to write with and other great ways to use SafeGraph data. :mag_right:

That’s a great idea. Not sure if you would be interested in this but I have been analyzing crowdsourced measurement data indicating typical broadband speeds (both cellular and wifi) that end-users receive across Canada and US. One of my research goals is to cross reference this with other SES data to see if/how the digital divide is correlated with other factors.