Quick question about the visitor_daytime_cbgs. The cbgs in the json are the cbgs that where visitors typically spend their 9-5 hours right? If that's the case, wouldn't the cbg with the most visits be the cbg where the POI is?

Hey there, quick question about the visitor_daytime_cbgs. The cbgs in the json are the cbgs that where visitors typically spend their 9-5 hours right? If that’s the case, wouldn’t the cbg with the most visits be the cbg where the POI is?

This topic was automatically generated from Slack. You can find the original thread here.

Hi Thanks for reaching out! We are looking into it and will get back to you once we have an answer.

Hey - just an update. I’ve looped in a member from our Product team to better answer this question. We’ll keep you in the loop with any updates!

Also, what’s the best way to adjust visits_counts between years when controlling for the change in devices?

Hey - thanks for your patience on this.

Regarding your initial question. This isn’t always true as visits to a POI can happen at any time during the day. For example, visits to a bar would likely occur during evening hours. visitor_daytime_cbgs for a bar POI would show where bar patrons spend most of their day, possibly their homes or work locations. Therefore, the CBG with the most visits won’t always be the CBG where the POI is.

Regarding your more recent question, I’d recommend checking out our Data Science Resources. Dropping a link to our colab notebook on Normalization:

Hey ! Just confirming that we answered your question. I’m going to go ahead and close this thread out. If you have any more questions or follow-up questions, we’re always here to help! Just be sure to make a new post to safegraphdata, as we aren’t monitoring old threads at this time. Thanks!

Hey Niki, this thread also answered my questions. Sorry for not responding sooner