Looking at the August release of the Core places data: what happened to “opened_on” and “closed_on” columns that were available in the July release?

Hi there, Looking at the August release of the Core places data: what happened to “opened_on” and “closed_on” columns that were available in the July release? Did youd decide not to release this information? I’m actually very interested in understanding what happens to POIs entry and exits, so any information about these “opened_on” and “closed_on” columns might help. Many thanks in advance!

Hi @Etienne_Lale_University_of_Quebec_at_Montreal, if you haven’t seen the FAQ yet, I recommend you check it out! You will see this under the Why aren’t opened_on, closed_on, tracking_opened_since, tracking_close_since variables showing up in Core Places Download? question.

TL;DR - these variables are experimental and can still be obtained upon request. @ross_epstein_safegraph should be able to help you out!

I think they were included in the July delivery by mistake

Hi @Jack_Lindsay_Kraken1, many thanks for this, very useful! @Ryan_Fox_Squire_SafeGraph, indeed, the variables were included in the July release, that’s what got me into assuming that they were becoming part of the usual monthly realease of Core places. @ross_epstein_safegraph, would it be possible to get access to these variables?

@Etienne_Lale_University_of_Quebec_at_Montreal - do you have a login to the shop (shop.safegraph.com)? we’ll get that delivered there so you’ll need an account there

Hi @ross_epstein_safegraph, thanks for being in touch. No, I don’t have a login for the shop. Shall I create an account now?

yes please! @Etienne_Lale_University_of_Quebec_at_Montreal

Okay I just did

great i’ve just initiated the order for you in the shop. you should see it show up shortly here Shop Update

Got it! Many thanks @ross_epstein_safegraph

Dear @ross_epstein_safegraph, I hope this finds you well, I haven’t used the latest release of the Core places data yet, and I wondered whether I could get it with the opened_on and closed_on columns included in the dataset. Last time, I got it through the shop (instead of the catalog); would it be possible to do the same for the october release of the Core places data? That would be really great. Many thanks in advance!

just got this going for you!

Fantastic, many thanks @ross_epstein_safegraph, this is much appreciated!!

Hi @ross_epstein_safegraph, I hope this finds you well. Quick question: would it be possible to have the “opened_on” and “closed_on” columns for the latest release of the Core places? That would be very useful. Many thanks in advance!

just got that started for you

Great, many thanks @ross_epstein_safegraph, much much appreciated!!