Is there existing code that can read weekly pattern data without unzipping them? is there existing code that can show mobility by time of day and how it changes over the weeks or months?

Hi data gurus, I have to questions:

1. is there existing code that can read weekly pattern data without unzipping them?
  2. is there existing code that can show mobility by time of day and how it changes over the weeks or months?
    Thanks very much!

Hi @Delin_Shen, lets start with number 1. Are you using python or R (which do you prefer?)

I prefer python but can take R code as well. Thanks!

Great. so you can either a) set your pandas to compression=‘gzip’ or b) use this Safegraph python library

I recommend the library because it makes sure your dtypes are read in correctly as well.

Perfect! Thanks very much!

As for your second request, I am not sure if that exact notebook exists, but here is a list of awesome code that community members have written to demonstrate how to do very similar things. If you dont see what you are looking for, we can work through it together and then maybe post a notebook demonstrating it and add it to the list for other users!

I’ll get the first one down and t hen look into the list. Thanks for the guidance!

You are welcome! Let me know if I can help with anything else! Good luck!