Is there any limitation in terms of whose cellphone the data providers can track?

Is there any limitation in terms of whose cellphone the data providers can track? Specifically I’m interested in knowing if minor’s devices are included in the data, or if those devices are removed or not tracked due to some privacy concerns

due to COPPA there is a hard restriction, so there is no data on anyone under 13 years old. Children's Online Privacy Protection Rule ("COPPA") | Federal Trade Commission

But Safegraph could filter out all minors if it wanted to, correct?

Thank you @Ryan_Fox_Squire_SafeGraph that’s well in line with what I thought

@Anthony_Quartararo_none_atm I am not exactly sure what you mean, but SafeGraph does not have any information about the device owner, these are totally anonymized GPS data, so there would not be an any way to apply a filter based on age.

Thanks. I had read that as Safegraph, in complying with COPPA, filtered out <13 y/o data. My mistake. Appreciate the clarity.

@Anthony_Quartararo_none_atm to be 100% clear, data for < 13 yo is not collected/stored in the first place from mobile app partners, and so never reaches SafeGraph

Yea, got it. Thanks