Hi! I am working on a research project for which I need to calculate:
- Average square footage of each POI category for every state
- Average dwell time in each of the POI categories for every state. Ideally, I would calculate a new average for each month starting March 2020 until now.
- Average number of visitors in each of the POI categories every state. As above, I want this average to change each month.
The data I’d need to create these averages is quite large and was estimated to cost upwards of $15M. Thus, I have a couple questions:
- As I’m an academic, I requested to get more credits. Is a request of this magnitude realistic?
- If not, is there any other way I could obtain these estimates? Some options would include:
- Using an aggregate dataset or table at the state and month level (of the sort that the Census always makes available for their survey data)
- Obtaining a random sample of data from across all of the US. An estimate of these averages using a random sample from each state would be more than enough.
Thank you and I’m sorry for the long question!