Is it better to pull all weekly patterns from the most recent backfill for assembling a dataset from March to September?

Hi Ryan @Ryan_Fox_Squire_SafeGraph and Jack @Jack_Lindsay_Kraken1! I might be missing this, but I can’t find answers after searching in the slack group. When I synced the data files for weekly patterns, I got a folder for weekly pattern v2 before June 15, a folder after June 15, and the most recent backfilled weekly patterns located at weekly-patterns-delivery/weekly/patterns_backfill/2020/12/14/21/. I’m trying to assembly a consistent weekly visit dataset from March to September, which version should I use? Does each backfill release apply the same criterion to all the weeks included it? An example on this: place with ID sg:000d9f6436d544a5a0f7003c6bccf916 is a subway store. In the backfill release from December, it has 32 visits during the week of June 8. In the normal weekly pattern release, it has 4 visits (from data located at v2/main-file/2020-06-08-weekly-patterns). Is it better to pull all weekly patterns from the most recent backfill for assembling a dataset from March to September? Thanks very much for your reply!

The most recent backfill (at patterns_backfill/2020/12/14/21/) uses an updated database of POIs, standardizing the data across different POI churn that has occurred over the months. It’s preferable to get everything from that most-recent backfill.

Thank you Nick! This is very helpful.