Introduce Yourself!

Hi @Zachary_Steinert-Threlkeld_UCLA, you’ll definitely want to check out this post/paper. Additionally, I had a recent mini research project that could be relevant too—I’m planning on sharing it tomorrow in Slack, but here it is in blog form

Very cool work. My research idea requires the raw location data unfortunately, not PoI.

@Zachary_Steinert-Threlkeld_UCLA Ahh, okay. The other data product that might be of interest is Neighborhood Patterns. Still doesn’t give you the raw data, but it is aggregated by CBG (neighborhood) instead of POI.

@Ryan_Kruse_MN_State Thank You very much for your greeting! I explored the SefeGraph’s data continuously. But currently I don’t have specific research project with SefeGraph’s data. I will happy to contribute to SafeGraph’s research community in future.

Hey @Savannah_Larimore_Washington_University_St_Louis Welcome! That sounds really interesting. When you are looking at public spaces are you thinking parks & other city or county properties?

Yep! That’s exactly what we’re thinking.

Hi @Minhao_Yan_Cornell_University :wave:!

Welcome to the community, we’re excited to have you. We love a foodie.

Have you had any issue identifying food pantries in the SafeGraph data set? Any particular regions you’re interested in?

You might want to check out this thread for two researchers who are doing similar work with food pantry research: @Makada_Brookings and @Jude_Bayham_Colorado_State_U

https://placekey-community.slack.com/archives/C01080G2TD0/p1585258524127700

Hi @Arash_Saeidpour_University_of_Georgia! Thanks for joining. We’re excited to have you as part of the community.

I look forward to hearing about your research on superspreader events and COVID-19 mitigation policies. I’d love to connect you with some other members of the community conducting research on COVID-19, particularly as it relates to superspreader events and public health policies @Jonathan_Jay_BUSPH @Dave_Holtz_MIT @Serina_Stanford

https://placekey-community.slack.com/archives/C0114RJA0BW/p1592414116360800

Hello @Apoorve_Goyal! Welcome to the community! We’re excited to have you join us. Looking forward to learning more about your work creating dynamic maps with Mapbox.

I’d love to connect you with @Mikel_Mapbox from the Mapbox community. He’s a great resource for all things Mapbox-related.

https://placekey-community.slack.com/archives/C0115PHMGM6/p1589858045089000

Hey @Apoorve_Goyal. Welcome to the community what kind of info are you hoping to display with your dynamic maps?

Welcome to the community @Arash_Saeidpour_University_of_Georgia. Are you looking at any kind of superspreader event? Or certain kinds like political rallies over the last year?

Hey @Minhao_Yan_Cornell_University are you looking at food deserts in this work as well? We have a few people I can connect you with if that is something you are including in that research.

Hi @Mikhail_Hayhoe_University_of_Pennsylvania! Thanks for joining and welcome to the community. Excited to have another dog lover around here! I have a rescue lab named Luna.

Really excited to hear about your research. What are some of the non-pharmaceutical interventions that you’ve been focusing on? Presumably masks and social distancing are some of the biggest ones.

I’m going to tag another member you might be interested in connecting with. @Ozan_Candogan_Chicago_Booth has also been studying epidemic spread across neighborhoods and ways to curb it. Check it out below - really cool stuff!

https://placekey-community.slack.com/archives/C0114RJA0BW/p1588369407152300

@Niki_from_SafeGraph I am very exited about using Safegraph data for our research and share it here with the community, and thanks for the introduction!

@Spencer_Vail_SafeGraph Actually yes, we are looking at Sturgis rally right now

Hello @Tony1! Thank you for joining - we’re excited to have you as part of the community. I’m looking forward to hearing more about your work. Can you tell us more about your work in data science consultancy?

I’d love to link you with some other members in our community that have a background in consulting. @Spencer_Lyon_Covid_County_Data runs a data consulting startup. @Ayush_Aggarwal also has extensive background in data science consulting. Check out their work below!

https://placekey-community.slack.com/archives/C0129PCEAKB/p1588278799004400

https://placekey-community.slack.com/archives/C01SRSGEU84/p1621315581001100

Hi @Hugh_Bartling_DePaul_University! Thanks for joining and welcome to the community. I’m an amateur guitarist myself! Definitely brushed off the dust off of my guitar during the pandemic.

Really excited to hear more about your work. What are some of the trends that you’ve been seeing in your work so far? What are some of the cycling and pedestrian infrastructure types you’re looking at? Guessing bike lanes and protected crosswalks might be a few key ones.

If you have some extra time, you should check out the work of @David_Phillips_University_of_Notre_Dame. David also has been researching travel behaviors, but more focused on the relationship between socioeconomic status and travel behavior during the pandemic.

Welcome @Alessia_Calafiore_University_of_Liverpool! Thanks for joining us. We’re excited to hear more about your work. And you can never have enough stationery!

Any cities you’ve been focusing on in your research?

If I can help you connect to other members on the community, please let me know! Happy to introduce you to the awesome network we have here.

Hi Niki, thanks. I mostly work on UK cities, currently developing a research project to model travel demand and around the idea of 20 minute cities to encourage active travel. I saw that SafeGraph now covers also the UK and I think it would be great to use the data within my research project.

Thanks @Niki_from_SafeGraph. Currently I am working on a project looking at how street closures/slow street initiatives implemented during COVID impact bike share usage. I’m still working through the analysis, but I’m comparing across cities–including ones that didn’t enact slow street initiatives–to see what (if any) impacts these have had. I am also beginning to look through dockless bike share data in Chicago to see how the flexibility implied by dockless e-bikes might help to bridge equity concerns related to bike share accessibility.

Thanks for mentioning @David_Phillips_University_of_Notre_Dame work, I just looked at his paper on Seattle. I can’t wait to look at it a little closer and see how they used the SafeGraph data!