In visitor_home_cbgs, if CA shows up, does that indicate all visitors from California?

Hey everyone quick question! In visitor_home_cbgs, if CA shows up, does that indicate all visitors from California?

This topic was automatically generated from Slack. You can find the original thread here.

Hey @Alexander_Audet_American_Enterprise_Institute ! That’s a great question. It refers to Canadian Dissemination Areas.

What’s a Canada Dissemination Area?

I’m looking at foot traffic in the Las Vegas area

That’s the corresponding Census geographic unit in Canada, much like CBGs in the US. That would indicate there are visitors from Canada visiting the POI you’re looking at in Las Vegas.

Is it normal for those numbers to be much larger than usual CBG visitors?

I would expect the numbers to be comparable to the CBG visitors since the population for Canadian DA is roughly on par to a US CBG. That said, we do get sources and sinks where there can be high homes attributed to individual CBGs.

You might also be inadvertently finding out that lots of Canadians visit Las Vegas - they do have a hockey team there now! :wink:

Thanks Jeff! That makes a lot of sense, especially if they have hockey haha

To prevent any further questions from being overlooked, I’ll go ahead and close this thread out. If you have any more questions or follow-up questions, we’re always here to help! Just be sure to make a new post to help, as we aren’t monitoring old threads at this time. Thanks!