I'm wondering how many unique devices Safegraph is tracking?

Hi! I’m wondering how many unique devices Safegraph is tracking?

This topic was automatically generated from Slack. You can find the original thread here.

Hi Thanks for reaching out! We are looking into it and will get back to you once we have an answer.

Hi ! Thanks again for the question. While I don’t have that number off the top of my head, I would recommend checking out this resource. It provides details on how many devices we have that are residing in each state/cbg

Thanks , two follow-up questions: 1) What is the difference between num_unique_visitors and total_devices_seen? Aren’t both tracking the number of tracked devices? 2) By looking at the num_unique_visitors at the end of July, it appears that you only track ~26MM devices in the US, while total # of devices are ~250MM. Does this mean Safegraph only has about 10% coverage?

Hi . Regarding your first question, total_devices_seen is the total devices in our panel which we saw on the given day with any visit, POI or home visit. However, num_unique_visitors captures number of unique visitors observed with at least one POI visit in the specified state.

Concerning your second question, I’d have to confirm on that number with our Product team. I’ll loop them into our conversation and let you know what I hear back!

Hi any updates on this?

Hey - thanks for following up! Apologies for the delay on getting you an answer. Just asked Product for an update on this. Thanks, Sissi!

Yes, 10% of is a good ballpark number. We also have a blog post about variation in coverage at different geographic aggregations here: SafeGraph | Blog

Thanks !

Niki Kazahaya (SafeGraph) : Thanks for the question ! I’m going to go ahead and close this thread out. If you have any more questions or follow-up questions, we’re always here to help! Just be sure to make a new post to safegraphdata, as we aren’t monitoring old threads at this time. Thanks!