I wonder how many cities are included in the Social Distancing Data (Shelter-in-place). If I aggregate the CBG-level data into city-level, how many cities in the US will be available?

Hi all. I wonder how many cities are included in the Social Distancing Data (Shelter-in-place). If I aggregate the CBG-level data into city-level, how many cities in the US will be available?

@youngjae.cha I’m looking into this for you and will get back to you shortly.

@Ryan_Kruse_MN_State

Hi @youngjae.cha, you would likely end up with just about every city in the US. There may be a handful of tiny, sparsely populated towns that happen to not have any devices in SafeGraph’s panel. Any CBGs with less than 5 devices have been filtered out for privacy reasons, as stated in the docs.

Additionally, the Social Distancing Metrics are no longer being updated/maintained. The data is still available for now; check out this announcement for more details.

Hi @youngjae.cha, I’m marking this ticket as closed, but ping one of us three if you have any more questions!

@Ryan_Kruse_MN_State Thank you so much for your guidance! Could you please let me know which thread should I check to get the AWS bucket (I remember there was a code for that…)?

@youngjae.cha You are welcome! Are you registered with the SafeGraph Catalog? If so, you can find it there. (It’s not available on the SafeGraph Shop)