I was just wondering if there is anything SafeGraph does to filter out any non-customer foot traffic?

@U01UVJJL325 I was just wondering if there is anything SafeGraph does to filter out any non-customer foot traffic? For example, does the traffic patterns include delivery drivers, postal delivery, etc.? Also, prior to the May 2020 update, how did you identify and filter out employees? Please let me know if I should reach out to someone else with these questions. Thanks for your help!

This topic was automatically generated from Slack. You can find the original thread here.

Hi Thanks for reaching out! We are looking into it and will get back to you once we have an answer.

SafeGraph doesn’t do anything to filter out non-customer traffic, so visit counts will include employees and visits from the types of folks you describe, if they are in our panel.

I believe the older attempt to filter out employees was based on duration of visit, but it was deprecated quite some time ago so it’s less relevant now. Our usual recommendation to filter out employees is to use bucketed dwell times and remove long duration visits - that may work for your application.

Hey ! Just confirming that we answered your question. I’m going to go ahead and close this thread out. If you have any more questions or follow-up questions, we’re always here to help! Just be sure to make a new post to safegraphdata, as we aren’t monitoring old threads at this time. Thanks!

Thanks for the information!