I’m trying to understand if there is a data set that offers movement-type information using a unique, anonymous identifier for individuals?

Hello, I’m new here! I’m trying to understand if there is a data set that offers movement-type information using a unique, anonymous identifier for individuals? I’m trying to understand migration into/out of a specific, large geographic area during the pandemic time period.

Hi @Julia_Michigan_Tech_University, there is no individual traffic information, but there are 2 pieces of the data you may find usefull.

1. the same_day_brand column that will help understand where people tend to go after visiting a certain location
  2. the neighborhood patterns data that helps determine CBG to CBG type traffic.
    You can find out more about each dataset offered HERE

Please feel free to ask any questions you have

Hi @Julia_Michigan_Tech_University, to add to what Jack said, there are a few people who’ve worked on this in the community. I would suggest using Slack’s search function and searching for something like “migration” to see some of the previous work. Then you can even reach out to some of those users who may be able to help get you started.