I’m looking into the possibility of using SafeGraph data for a study of visits to Canadian schools. When I use the website to filter for all schools in Canada, only 15 records are available. Are these the only schools available in the patterns dataset?

Hi! I’m looking into the possibility of using SafeGraph data for a study of visits to Canadian schools. When I use the website to filter for all schools in Canada, only 15 records are available. Are these the only schools available in the patterns dataset?

Hi @Julia_Paris_Stanford_University , how are you filtering for school? Also which school are you looking for that isnt showing up, so I can see if can find it manually.

I haven’t downloaded the actual patterns dataset yet, so I’m just using the online search feature to look for available POIs. I am filtering for all POIs in the Elementary and Secondary Schools (611110) category in Canada. There seem to be only 15 POIs returned from that search. Are there more Canadian schools included in the full dataset? I’m hoping to find (close to) all schools in Canada, so there’s no specific school that I’m missing – but feel free to look for Nepean High School in Ottawa, Ontario if you want to double check!

I am checking on this now @Julia_Paris_Stanford_University

I am also seeing only 15 returns for NAICS 611110 in the Canada core.

I will flag these for focus on improvement on coverage in the future!

Good to know – and that would be great! Thanks for your help.