I’m looking for a bit of guidance on which Patterns data set to use

Hi all-- I’m looking for a bit of guidance on which Patterns data set to use. My goal is to get a summary of park visits, from particular zip codes, throughout 2019. In my understanding of the documentation, the "patterns_backfill files in the “Monthly Places Patterns (aka “Patterns”) Dec 2020 - Present” directory provide the most up-to-date version of this info. (E.g., /monthly-patterns-2020-12/patterns_backfill/2021/04/13/10/2019/01 gives the most updated version of 2019 Patterns for Januray .) The other, historical files (e.g., those in “Monthly Places Patterns (aka “Patterns”) Jan 2018 - Apr 2020” are versions of the same info, just w/o the post-hoc updates. Is my read of this right? And if so, is there any reason to use the other, older sets instead of the current, backfilled, Patterns releases? Thanks!!!

Hi @Michael_Esposito_UMich, your understanding is correct! There really isn’t any reason to use the older sets if you’re starting on a new project. I recommend using the current, backfilled release

thank you!