I’m a professor at the CUNY School of Public Health, working on a paper analyzing the effects of Covid-19 on food access and the food system. I’d like to be able to analyze SafeGraph data to measure several changes likely to have occurred

Hi, I’m a professor at the CUNY School of Public Health, working on a paper analyzing the effects of Covid-19 on food access and the food system. I’d like to be able to analyze SafeGraph data to measure several changes likely to have occurred: (1) changes in the number of visits to grocery stores and the length of time spent grocery shopping, by CBG; (2) changes in distance traveled from home CBGs to grocery stores; and (3) changes in the number of visits to full service vs. fast food restaurants, also by CBG. I’m especially interested in understanding different patterns of travel and retail patronage based on neighborhood of origin and socioeconomic status of the origin CBG. Unfortunately, I’m an urban planner not very familiar with data science and I would welcome help manipulating the SafeGraph data. I can work with someone to set up the hypotheses and analysis but I don’t have the tools to easily manipulate JSON data. Currently this is not a funded project but I hope to secure funds to be able to pay for this assistance.

@Nevin_Cohen_CUNY_School_of_Public_Health software engineer here, let me know if you need any help

Thanks Wesley!