I’m a new user accessing the safegraph data through the shop. Is there a way for me to access the social distancing data?

Hi all, I’m a new user accessing the safegraph data through the shop. Is there a way for me to access the social distancing data?

Hello, @Jonathan_Presler_SLU SafeGraph no longer supports the social distancing data.

You can still access this data in the AWS bucket, however, it will no longer be updated or supported by our product team.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks @Pranav_Thaenraj_SafeGraph - is there current information you can point me to that explains how to access the AWS bucket? The instructions I’ve found (ex: SafeGraph Community Data Products - Google Sheets ) point to https://catalog.safegraph.io/, but this returns a 502 bad gateway. I imagine I’m missing some more recent instructions for this? Thanks for your help!

Hey, @Jonathan_Presler_SLU, The catalog is currently down and our engineering team is actively trying to fix it. We will keep you posted once it’s back online. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Hey @Jonathan_Presler_SLU – our catalog is back up and running. I will DM you with instructions on how you can login.

Hi, @Pranav_Thaenraj_SafeGraph I am having the same issue that Jonathan had. I have been trying to reset my password following the instructions, but no email has been coming. Thanks!

Same issue here. Thanks for any help you might be able to provide

Hey @Hyunseok_Jung_University_of_Arkansas and @Jennifer_Burney – can you confirm if you are having issues with catalog.safegraph.io or shop.safegraph.com?

The issue is when I try the second step: 1. Go to Dewey Community - Academic research data community and 2. Type in the email address you used to register with Slack to receive an email and setup your password. Thanks.

You should have received an email to your “edu” email with a way to reset your password! thanks

That is the problem. I have tried it many time, but haven’t received any emails to my “edu” email account.

Jonathan above, who is my coauthor, had the same problem and one of you did something for his account, which solved the problem.

I just tried it again and it worked!

Glad to hear :slight_smile:

Hi @Saumil_Shah_SafeGraph I downloaded an open census dataset from catalog.safegraph. Do you know the release year of the dataset?

I have the same problem - never receive an email to my .edu address

@Hyunseok_Jung_University_of_Arkansas you can see more about our open census data here

@Jennifer_Burney we are deprecating Catalog on June 23rd so we are not looking to create new accounts for Catalog unless there is a strong use case. Can you confirm that you are able to login into shop.safegraph.com?

yes, I can; thank you

Thank you.

One thing to note is that Weekly Patterns is a better way to understand distancing. Weekly Patterns continues to be maintained so ongoing updates. You can see to which places people are going (not just whether they are leaving their homes). This provides greater insights than Social Distancing Metrics especially as people move around more.