I just had a question about the definition of “device”. Does it refer to only cellphones or all possible devices that have GPS or SIM cards?

Hi @Ryan_Fox_Squire_SafeGraph, I just had a question about the definition of “device”. Does it refer to only cellphones or all possible devices that have GPS or SIM cards? If it is the second case, can I say iPad could be included as well? It is reasonable to assume people always take cellphones on them, but they always leave tablet at home even if they hang out. Will this make the stay-at-home rate overestimated?

1 Like

@Jeff_Ho_SafeGraph How about smartwatches for adults and kids? Are they belong to the definition of Mobile Device in SafeGraph? For example, the Elementary and Secondary Schools in the POI category have many visitations, and I like to know whether these visits come from the smartphone only or include the smartwatches.

I don’t believe smartwatches are included. Even if they are though, it would be a very small % of the overall number of devices - enough that any variation from them would be neglible.

We also only have data on adults.

Thanks for your reply, Jeff! I have another question: Are iPads or other tablets considered as mobile devices and then recorded in the Patterns data?