I just downloaded 2021-08-11 Core places data and found ~30% of the poi-cbg field is missing, while for previous months, this field was entirely filled in. Is there any explanation for this?

Hello, I just downloaded 2021-08-11 Core places data and found ~30% of the poi-cbg field is missing, while for previous months, this field was entirely filled in. Is there any explanation for this?

This topic was automatically generated from Slack. You can find the original thread here.

Hi Thanks for reaching out! We are looking into it and will get back to you once we have an answer.

Hi ! Verifying some things with our Product team on this. Be in touch soon!

Hi - just asked our Product team for an update. Thank you for your patience!

Hi - poi_cbg is a field only in Patterns, so it will be missing for all rows where there is no Patterns data. Is it possible that you’ve downloaded a joined version of Core+Patterns for this month? This file would have missing values for all places where we have Core data but not Patterns data.

This would explain why this month has missing values for you (if you downloaded a Patterns-only file with no Core previously, it would have 100% fill rate).

Hi ! If there’s no further questions, I’m going to go ahead and close this thread out. If you have any more questions or follow-up questions, we’re always here to help! Just be sure to make a new post to safegraphdata, as we aren’t monitoring old threads at this time. Thanks!

Yes I was looking at the Core+Patterns joined data. That would explain the missing CBGs. Thanks @U021WLXK7N3!