I have trouble understanding how to use the pyspark code to vertically explode JSON string in the FAQ section, could you help me clarifying that?

Hi, I have trouble understanding how to use the pyspark code to vertically explode JSON string in the FAQ section, could you help me clarifying that?

This topic was automatically generated from Slack. You can find the original thread here.

Hey @Guanting_Yi ! The sample code on the FAQ page takes Patterns data as a PySpark DataFrame and vertically explodes the visitor_home_cbgs column into many rows. If you’re using another column containing JSON, please substitute accordingly with the sample code.

Thanks for replying. I didn’t see where the code imports the data. Maybe I misunderstood?

Ahh, got it. Correct - that’s just some snippets to get you started. I know you’ve also asked separately to meet with Pranav for some help. Might be a good thing to walk through with Pranav for some 1:1 guidance. Here’s his calendar:

Thanks Niki, I’ll try to talk to Pranav!

Awesome! To prevent any further questions from being overlooked, I’ll go ahead and close this thread out. If you have any more questions or follow-up questions, we’re always here to help! Just be sure to make a new post to help, as we aren’t monitoring old threads at this time. Thanks!