I am trying to summarize urban mobility patterns at the CBG level

Hello all. Maybe I am not the first one to ask this. I am trying to summarize urban mobility patterns at the CBG level. There are two choices: 1) CBG to CBG daily movement from Social Distance Metrics and 2) CBG to POI weekly visitation (I can further re-organize these records to CBG level). Is there any overlapping between these two datasets? If so, which one is a preferred choice in terms of better representativeness? If not, can I merge them? Thank you!

This topic was automatically generated from Slack. You can find the original thread here.

Hey not totally following what you mean by “overlapping”. Can you describe what you’re looking for ideally?

Hey Eugene. In term of overlapping, I mean the overlapping among collected digital devices in these two datasets.

Are these two datasets using the same GPS panel?

ah, I understand. So first point is that the Social Distancing Metrics have been deprecated. They were only offered during the height of the pandemic, and we no longer publish them.

That said, Neighborhood Patterns shows CBG-to-CBG insights, and Patterns, as you noted, has CBG to POI visitation. They use the same GPS panel - we just aggregate them differently.

> Are these two datasets using the same GPS panel?
Yes, exactly :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you Eugene. You answer perfectly addresses my concerns.

glad to hear it. Lmk if anything else comes up!

Thanks, Eugene!

Hi Xiao! Thanks for the great question! Just a side note, Neighborhood Patterns is not a dataset that’s free to academics. However, certainly happy to discuss more details in DM if that’s something you’re interested in purchasing. Feel free to ping me!

Thanks for the question! Going to go ahead and close this thread out before the weekend. If you have any other questions, we’re here to help! Just be sure to start a new thread on #safegraphdata as we will not be monitoring old threads. Thanks!