I am trying to research foot traffic in Pasadena, CA area. I would be really appreciated it if someone directs me in the right direction?

Hello, I am trying to research foot traffic in Pasadena, CA area. I would be really appreciated it if someone directs me in the right direction? Thanks

Thank you so much.

Hi @Eaint_Thiri_Pacific_Lutheran_University! I can point you in the right direction! You’ll want to go to the SafeGraph Shop.

1. Log in with your university email
  2. Set your filters. Specifically, you probably want to set the Locations filter to something like “Pasadena, CA” or maybe the county Pasadena is in to get some of the surrounding area.
  3. If you want all POIs for your chosen location(s), leave Brands and Categories blank. Otherwise you can filter to certain brands or categories of POIs (like Commercial Banking, for example).
  4. Go to Choose Data, and add Places and Patterns. The two datasets will automatically come merged together. Although it may look like it’s costing money, it should not actually ask for any payment info.
  5. Fill in the final review and and wait for your data to be ready!
    For more info on the Patterns data (foot traffic), check out the docs. Let me know if you have any questions!