I am having difficulties finding the naics_code for EV charging stations or general gasoline stations in the pattern dataset. Can anyone help?

I am having difficulties finding the naics_code for EV charging stations or general gasoline stations in the pattern dataset. Anyone know this? Thank you!

This topic was automatically generated from Slack. You can find the original thread here.

Hey @Sihang_Chen ! Thanks for reaching out. I’d recommend using 447110 which is Gasoline Stations with Convenience Stores for the latter. For the former, those are considered Point POIs (POIs not bound by a polygon) and must be licensed outside of Shop. If you’d like to purchase those, we can get that arranged. Just let me know!

Hi Niki, thanks for the response, since I am a university researcher, is it possible to get a coupon for this purchase?

Hi @Sihang_Chen - Point POIs are not free to academics unfortunately.

My professor told me that that Stanford is a member of the data consortium. So does it mean we still need to purchase the data?

To clarify, the SafeGraph Community was initially founded as the SafeGraph COVID-19 Data Consortium. It was a combined Slack group and data catalog product that gave free access to SafeGraph data for the purposes of furthering COVID-19 research. We have since transitioned to providing much of the same data (Core, Patterns, Geometry) but through shop.safegraph.com instead of the previous Catalog platform. However, Point POIs are one type of POI not available through the Data for Academics Program.

Thank you so much for the clarification. I will ask my instructor for the future action.

Could you also please send me the details for POI purchase?

Yes, happy to connect! I’ll DM you to get more details on the data you need. To prevent any further questions from being overlooked, I’ll go ahead and close this thread out. If you have any more questions or follow-up questions, we’re always here to help! Just be sure to make a new post to help, as we aren’t monitoring old threads at this time. Thanks!